Friday, January 21, 2011

Now Add Lupus to the Mix and give it a good stir?

Just read an article about lupus. My MD says I have symptoms of Lupus but not enough for clear diagnosis (all tests aren't in yet, however). I'm like this auto-immune stew roiling and mucking and making me feel like I'm wearing a full set of medieval armor just trying to get up out of bed. I don't like to complain because I believe in the power of the mind to influence your physical health, but peeps are wanting me to come out and play and I just hate having to keep saying no, or saying yes and having thorns in my knees and feet and having to stop and collapse in a chair or use my walker or yadda yadda yadda...

I wasn't allowed to complain AT ALL during my marriage. My husband (also disabled) told me he was sick of hearing it. So no moans, groans, or whimpers. One day after I put his TED stockings (tight tight hard to put on) on his legs I sat down on the opposite side of the bed and silently cried. Couldn't help it. He noticed, "What are you crying for"?

"Because I'm in pain, dummy. Now how would you like your eggs?"

It's hard for me to grasp the concept that I am FREE and while I can't afford to have people clean my house regularly like I did or bathe and dress me (not absolutely necessary, but a little assistance would cut my daily wash/groom by about 5 hours or so) It's not easy brushing your teeth in a full set of armor. Or like the Tin Man.

I think Tracy Chapman wrote a song about the Tin Man I used to love.

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBZvSvpUX58

1 comment:

  1. Just like the tinman, what we thought we'd lost we've had all along...I pray you will find it someday

    See good link for vid on my facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/profile.php?id=100001790808913&sk=wall

    if that doesn't work, my page is called "Dakini Dancer" and you can befriend me.

    ReplyDelete