Thursday, January 20, 2011

Salutory Hint 1

There is nothing so important it cannot be blown off when the creative urge strikes. There will never again be that waft of night-blooming jasmine on that breeze the exact temperature of your hot skin air moving so softly and wet it grabs hold of you like clay on a potter's wheel tight, embraced.

Oh, where was I? Yes, introducing you to my new blog. I've found in my years working as a psychiatric RN, plus even more years in therapy or, as my family so amusingly refers to them "loony bins".

Yes, I've spent considerable time on both sides of the desk. As have more health care professionals than you might care to think about. I suppose it's not too smart for me to publicly admit I play both sides of the fence. But because I'm permanently disabled per the generous state of Florida (and it only took them six years to make that decision. If I were not fortunate enough to be married at the time and supported (grudgingly) by my (now) ex pose (now THAT is a typo--or a Freudian slip I will let STET) I meant by my own ex souse (ZZZOMG--I swear to you on my honor I did NOT mean to typo again, but holy cannolli--another Freudian typo to let STET, and my poor abused ex SPOUSE (phew!)

I tend to wander down odd tangents (to wander--to wanda--ToWANDA!!) Anyone remember that from Fried Green Tomatoes? (I think) There's a little town in northern Pennsylvania called Towanda. Not far from where I was born, grew up, and lived for 20 some years. I suppose I was never supposed to leave there, because I had (still have, probably), a plot of ground for my carcass. Or maybe I'm mis-remembering;

Where I come from is a hard coal (Anthracite) region. When I was growing up it was like a time warp, like 30 years behind the times. We are a tough people, but the problem with hardness is the harder something gets, generally, the more brittle it becomes. I've seen our type of people become so hard they crack, just crack up one day--oh, I guess that was me.

Ok, then, this is a journal-sort about change. The changes I had to go through to make it past the brittle stage and onto...well, that's what I'm discovering. There's a core of something and its solid, tough but not fragile

Good nite afore I fall to sleep with laptop in lap, then wake up forgetting, and spill life's work on hardwood floor...nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv




oops too late, did drift off there; no harm done; Macbook intack. Thank Bast. Bast looks out for little kittens and fools...and I rest safely in her warm paws;

meow

3 comments:

  1. Wow your going to be famous!somehow jcostedpm is now puptoast??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blogger Profile you requested cannot be displayed. Many Blogger users have not yet elected to publicly share their Profile.

    If you're a Blogger user, we encourage you to enable access to your Profile.


    Is what I got when I tried to find puptoast. Are you staying anonymous? I'm not sure I can afford to...much as I would like to. Just extablihing some contacts by commenting on other blogs...networking...getting listed on google if I can figure out how...stuff like that.

    Who knows? My trainwreck of a life might be helpful to some other damaged cabooses out there who will so clammor for my advise someone will actually pay me to write.

    ReplyDelete